Friday, August 6, 2010

Fabric Retail Therapy!

After admitting defeat with my cardigan this week, I decided a trip to Fabricland was in order to re-inspire me to sew again, since losing 2 pieces I thought were going to work sort of took the wind out of my sails. (Although I may yet see if I can get the cardigan to work when I'm feeling less defeated by it.)

I found some pretties. :D


I think the petal-like pink skirt from Simplicity 2368 is going to replace my white skirt, only in the coral washer cotton that I have a tonne of. I also want to make one of the tops from Simplicity 2599 in the same fabric.


I also think I'll replace my ambitious jeans project with a denim skirt using one of the styles from Simplicity 2343. I'll attempt jeans later on when I'm feeling more confident tackling pants.

And, well, I fell in love with the Butterick 5469 jacket pattern. And then I dished out good money on a medium-weight dark brown corduroy and a pretty floral cotton I've fallen in love with to make the jacket and liner. Although realistically, this jacket will probably cost me about $35 to make, and I don't think I'd find this type of jacket for that price at this time of the year anyways. Sometimes it good to keep these things in perspective.



Poor cardigan, you don't stand a chance.

And then I found this in a discounted basket filled with ugly jewelry. I think this is my favourite $3.00 necklace yet!

1 comment:

  1. I have the Simplicity 2599 pattern and made the shirt the girl is wearing a couple of months ago. It was pretty simple. I used more of a gingham fabric, so it's stiffer than shown, but it still looks nice. Oh, and I opted not to do the bow. I want to make it again with a flowier fabric.

    http://leavingthecocoon.blogspot.com/2010/06/hot-diggity.html

    I can't wait to see how the jacket turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...