Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thrifting Again

So while on the hunt for field work pants at the local thrift store, how does one resist buying...

...a red and black fish jersey knit for $2.99...

...a polka dot and flower striped cotton for $1.99...

...a pair of gorgeous brown (soon to be black) winter boots for $14.99 (original reduced sale ticket $69.99)...

...and these two patterns for $1.50?

Answer: You don't.

My sewing stuff is getting out of control. The graduation gift from my Grandma and Uncle isn't helping, but really, not complaining at all!

Thanks Grandma and Uncle Gavin!


Don't forget to sign up for the vintage pattern giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Nice swag, especially the Quilting Trinity. Do you quilt, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I'd like to get into it eventually, but for now I'll use it for cutting straight lines and perfect 90 degree angles. Used it tonight to cut out my little squares of fabric for my first bound buttonholes, and it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the bound buttonholes, on the other hand, were somewhat less than perfect, but still pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove the fish fabric :) And your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...