Thursday, November 24, 2011

Too Many Projects homg

Ever since I started work, my posting schedule has gone down the tubes. I have a post in the works about the PR Day a few of us celebrated here in Winnipeg, but that'll have to wait for the weekend when I'm less brain-fried from field work.

For now, I thought I'd share what I've been up to, and give an answer to the question I asked in my last post.

So you take this thing,

...add a 'floating' sink and some velcro,

...and you get this!

A really cute way to hide all your bathroom stuff when you only have a medicine cabinet for storage! And it helps make my very 50's pink bathroom look less frumpy and more fun. Add the perfect shower curtain and rug, and you get this:

Seriously, the bathroom started as the ugliest room in the apartment and quickly became my favourite. I have a bit more trim I may add to the skirt to fancy it up a bit more, but we'll see. Now I need to add a curtain along the lines of the sink skirt to my back-entry-facing window, and this bathroom will be perfect!

*~~*~~*

My cross-stitch project is coming along nicely. Okay, so I have a ways to go, but it's still fun to do and is easy to put away if I'm getting tired of it. The hardest part is remembering that it's there to work on, since I'm very 'out of sight out of mind'.

*~~*~~*

Haven't been sewing much, but tonight I started a pair of panties from a t-shirt, sort of like the ones I made before. I was put off doing them after I received a very creepy email from someone about them, but I figured forget them. I'm not letting some internet creep keep me from making something fun, and it's also not going to keep me from sharing it with you. You just wont ever see me modeling them!

Anyways, I finally just put on a movie (Sense and Sensibility) and traced out the Team Canada pair that I love and wear as often as I hygienically can. They are, without a doubt, my favourite and most comfy panties, and I need more of them. Hopefully this copy will be just as comfy.

I'm even thinking of putting my new-found cross-stitching skills to use and making a pretty flower on them, since this pair is a little plain.

*~~*~~*

I started a top using this fabric ages ago, part of a series I was planning to make and post about. I may still do that, but this UFO has been sitting here needing the sleeves eased in since way before I started my job last September. I adore the fabric, the fit is fantastic (nearly perfected from an earlier version), and it's nearly done, has been nearly done for ages. Why can't I just get these sleeves in already?! SHEESH.

*~~*~~*
This doesn't even include the projects I want to start...now. Including a winter coat, although I'll get into that more this weekend. Never mind the Christmas presents I have in mind! ACK!

*~~*~~*
I know I'm not the only one who has too many projects on the go. How many do you guys have on your sewing table?

Here's to finishing them up!

...Someday.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, well done on the bathroom! It looks so cute. It's amazing what a little sewing can do for a room... :)

    YUCK about the creepy email. Yuck. You're right though, can't let the creeps get you down.

    Sometimes when I keep finking around and can't focus on getting a sleeve in or making a row of buttonholes (I have big buttonhole hangups sometimes) I just set aside an hour and sit down and MAKE myself do it. I don't have to be firm like that very often, but sometimes that's what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea what to do when I got that email. But I figured the best thing to do would be to forget about it (mostly) and move on. There's not much you can do about other peoples behaviour on the internet, and there will always be creepy people out there, but that doesn't mean you should let them ruin the fun for you.

    *sigh* I may have to force myself with this top. Such a silly thing too, since these sleeves are some of the easiest to ease of any top that I've ever made. Maybe tonight I'll be firm with myself. Or tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bathroom! I like the pink and black :).

    Ugh on that email! (Reminds me of a creepy phone call I answered when I was, oh, six. :P) I agree---screw 'em. The undies look great!

    My head is crazy with projects right now, the point where I'm having trouble settling on anything. Combined with the fact that I have NO TIME now... yeah, I feel ya. Now go set those sleeves! :)

    Word verification: unsudge --- the act of moving past creep-inspired feelings of yuck, and getting on with your life. As in "After that creepy email, I totally had to unsudge my mind."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 50s pink bathroom too! But mine doesn't have tiles on the walls...wish it did. It's got this awful fake tile stuff, I can't even begin to explain it. Anyway, your bathroom looks great!

    Creepy emails - that's why I don't have an email addy on my blog! But I did have some creepy messages on FB when my profile photo was me as a 12yo. Told them to you-know-what off! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...